Acquire some knowledge about Shogi openings. Here are a mix of must-know openings and more interesting ones. (Some are already discussed in the Shogi Strategy pages
- Primitive Climbing Silver (原始棒銀) -Simple yet deadly
- Simple, yet deadly. This is the first opening you should learn. This opening shows you how a silver can be used along with Rook for attacking your opponent.
- Yagura S-3g
- Yagura is main stay of Shogi Strategies. This board shows some fundamental Yagura moves.
- Climbing Silver against Yagura (矢倉速攻棒銀)
- Climbing Silver against Yagura (矢倉速攻棒銀) -be prepared for this quick attack
- Naka-Bisya with bishop path open
- I am not sure exactly what this is called.. Gokigen Nakabisya (ゴキゲン 中飛車 = good mood center file rook)、 Wanpaku Nakabisya（ワンパク中飛車=impish center rook ） or Kaku koukan nakabisya (角交換中飛車= Center file rook with Bishop exchanged) Whatever this is called, it is easy to remember, and this strategy has very powerful offence.
- Aggressive Opposing Rook
- Aggressive Opposing Rook (Mukai-bisya with Bishop path open = 角換わり向かい飛車)
This page last updated : 4 years, 5 months ago